Do I need permission from the Architectural Review Committee to Repair or Paint my house?
Repairs that do not alter the exterior appearance of your property do not require ARC approval. These include like-for-like repairs and replacements that do not change the size, texture, type of materials, and/or color of the home.
For changes that alter the appearance of your home, see Residents > Architectural Review for instructions and application forms.
Do I need approval before I remove Trees on my property?
Trees that are either dead or dying do not need prior approval and should, of course, be removed as promptly as possible. If the tree is in the front or side yard, the stump must also be removed and ground. Sod or mulch must be replaced so that there is no evidence of the original tree.
If the tree had been used to mask an area of the property such as pool equipment, then the tree must be replaced as soon as possible. All trees planted in the front or side yards of a property must be approved by the ARC before planting.
What are the Trash and Recycling Policies?
Garbage and recycling collection is paid for by your homeowners’ association dues.
- Please have ALL garbage and yard waste BAGGED AND TIED in your own plastic bags with any size can. This is for the cleanliness of your neighborhood and the safety of our workers.
- Please put GARBAGE by your garage before 7:00 am for collection on Mondays & Thursdays.
- Yard waste (leaves, grass, small limbs) must be bagged in paper/compost bags.
- Three bags of yard waste accepted each collection day.
- Brush/branches are collected curbside by City of Brentwood the first week of each month.
- We offer large item removal for additional cost and billed to the individual customer. Call for pricing and scheduling.
- We offer Christmas tree removal one day each year for $10 each. Call for scheduling.
- We are NOT able to haul away the following items:
Glass, Styrofoam, Tires, Paint, Oils, Batteries, Medical Waste, Construction Materials
- If you would like to participate in our RECYCLING Program, you must call Elite to have a recycling can delivered to your home. (615) 626-4146
- See the list of recyclable items and procedures, found at FAQ on this website.
- Please put RECYCLING by your garage before 7:00 am on Wednesdays.
- Please place all recyclables together and loose in the 32-gallon can provided by Elite.
- Additional recycling may be bagged and tied and placed next to recycling can.
- Large cardboard must be flattened and placed under or secured beside the recycling can.
- Recycling is taken to Westrock Recycling in Nashville for bundling, then to Westrock in Chattanooga for sorting, distributing and re-purposing.
Holiday Schedule – Office and operations closed
- If your pick up day falls on one of the holidays, your pick up will be on your next scheduled day, or the following Saturday, whichever comes first.
New Year’s Day Memorial Day Independence Day
Labor Day Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day
If you have any questions, concerns or a missed pick up, please contact us right away:
ELITE Sanitation, Franklin, Tennessee
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
What items can be Recycled?
ELITE Sanitation collects everything recyclable, except GLASS and STYROFOAM
Recyclables must be CLEAN AND DRY.
- Aluminum - cans, containers, clean disposable bakeware, and clean foil
- Metal Cans - tin cans, steel cans, non-hazardous aerosol cans Please empty and rinse.
- Cardboard - cereal, food, juice, milk cartons, shoe boxes, gift boxes. Remove packaging materials from boxes and FLATTEN.
- Corrugated cardboard boxes (large cardboard may be placed under or beside the can)
- Paper - all types, including:
- Office papers, newspaper, magazines, phone books, junk mail, gift wrap
- Brown paper bags
- Paperback and hard cover books (remove hard cover)
- Plastic – Please empty, rinse and flatten.
- Plastic bags (stretchy types including bread, dry cleaner bags and shopping bags)
- Plastic wrap
- All plastic containers #1-5 & #7 with a recyclable symbol EXCEPT STYROFOAM #6
- Milk jugs, water, soft drink, dairy products, ice cream pails (remove metal handle)
- Personal care products, shampoo, vitamin, prescription bottles
- Household, cleaning products, food containers
- Windshield washer containers, oil, fertilizer – must be clean and empty
NO GLASS NO GLASS NO GLASS
Sort glass by color and take it to: Brentwood Recycling Center, 1301 Wilson Pike, Brentwood
NO STYROFOAM NO STYROFOAM NO STYROFOAM
Styrofoam should be placed in the garbage
How do I maintain or replace my Mailbox?
Question: What do I do if my mailbox is damaged or needs painting?
Answer: It is the responsibility of each homeowner to maintain his or her own mailbox. The mailbox must match all other mailboxes and shall be kept in good repair and painted glossy black. Periodically, the management company may send an email to all residents to announce the availability of a private company or painter for hire for such work.
: How do I get my mailbox REPLACED?
Answer: All mailboxes in Princeton Hills must match the black metal/iron standard as provided by Rodney Jarvis of Jarvis Signs, (615)865-6062
or firstname.lastname@example.org. Jarvis offers complete replacement and installation of the pole, box, number plate, flag and decorative filigree.
Question: What if I just need a new receptacle box or flag, not the pole or number plate?
Answer: If you just need a new receptacle box, it can be purchased at Lowe's and installed yourself. Gibraltar Industries 11.7-in W x 15-in H Metal Black Post Mount Mailbox, Item # 217532 Model # ST200B00. The cost is about $35.00.
: Can I paint my mailbox myself?
Answer: Yes, it is advisable for residents to periodically maintain their mailboxes. Paulette Walsh keeps the extra paint that matches all the mailboxes. Contact her at 616-497-0049
to pick up a container of paint.
Or, if you choose to purchase your own paint, buy a direct-to-metal glossy black paint like the one that was originally used: Sherwin Williams PRO Industrial Urethane Alkyd Enamel, Black. It’s an oil based paint that requires turpentine or paint thinner clean-up.
Does Princeton Hills have Video Cameras?
Mindful of neighborhood car break-ins and burglaries in the greater Brentwood community, your Princeton Hills Board of Directors arranged for video surveillance cameras to be installed, along with signage alerting visitors to our neighborhood's 24-hour video surveillance. Since the installation of the surveillance cameras in 2013, the number of reported car and home incidents in our neighborhood has been dramatically reduced. It is our hope that, in conjunction with the Neighborhood Watch initiative, this addition will make our neighborhood safer and more secure for years to come.
Residents with login credentials can learn more about the video cameras at Residents > Security.
What is the Neighborhood Watch Program?
What is the purpose of Neighborhood Watch?
- The program is a partnership between the neighborhood and the police department for the purpose of increasing awareness and prevention of crime. Neighbors are extra eyes and ears for the police department.
- Our Neighborhood Watch Captain will send periodic emails that offer security reminders, tips, alerts and crime reports.
How can I foster awareness and action with the Neighborhood Watch program?
- Wave your hand to greet everyone who drives into our neighborhood. That lets visitors know that you are aware and watching. It also fosters friendliness and cooperation among neighbors.
What should I do if I seen something suspicious?
- CALL the Brentwood Police immediately. The non-emergency number is 371-0160.
What if I hear a car alarm or house alarm for more than 30 seconds?
- Call the Brentwood Police immediately at 371-0160.
How can I prevent theft from my vehicle parked overnight in my driveway?
- Do not store any valuables in your car, ever.
- Lock your car.
- Leave your eave lights shining on the car during the night.
- Use motion lights around the perimeter of your home.
How can I prevent burglary of my home?
- Lock your doors and windows.
- Set your security alarm system, day and night.
- Set timers to operate lights and sounds at irregular intervals.
- Do not discuss travel plans with workers in your home.
- Do not announce travel plans on social media.
How can the police department help me to prevent crime at my home?
- Ask the Brentwood Police to come to your home for their FREE Home Security Survey. They will offer personalized ideas to improve the security of your home.
Who can I contact within my neighborhood with questions about Neighborhood Watch?
- Our Neighborhood Watch Captain for Princeton Hills is John Lynch at (615) 406-5018 or JLynch@pthgroup.com.
How should I handle Solicitors?
Does the City of Brentwood have a law regarding solicitors?
- For other than religious groups, a solicitor's permit is required for both profit and non-profit organizations to solicit door-to-door in the City of Brentwood.
Why does the City of Brentwood have a law regarding soliciting?
- The law is in place to keep residents safe by screening people who approach residents' homes on private property.
A solicitor from a religious organization told me that he does not need a permit. Is that true?
- That is true. Religious organizations are exempt from our city requirement to have solicitor permits, as protected by federal law. You may choose whether or not to answer your door.
How does a solicitor get a permit?
- Permits must be obtained through an application process through the City of Brentwood Business Clerk.
How are solicitors to know about the soliciting rules in Princeton Hills?
- Princeton Hills has posted 'No Soliciting' signs at both entrances.
What should I do if a solicitor comes to my home?
- If a solicitor comes to your door, the Princeton Hills board members request that you do not answer your door. If you have a glass door and they can see you through the door, keep the door closed and ask to see their soliciting permit. They are required to show it to you if you ask. They are not required to continually display their permit or wear an ID badge on their lapel. If your curiosity gets the best of you, or if you meet a solicitor while you are outdoors, please ask immediately to see their permit for soliciting. If they do not have a permit, ask them to leave the neighborhood and call the police at 615-371-0160.
How can my neighbors and I discourage solicitors?
- Remember what your mother taught you: DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR TO STRANGERS. You really don't know if a person will barge in to harm you. The best way to discourage solicitors is not open your home to them. If a solicitor knocks on ten doors and ten people ask for their permit, do not open the door and send them away, then the solicitor will leave and try another area.
What else can I do to discourage solicitors?
- Post a small label or professionally lettered small sign on your door or near your door bell.” No Soliciting” or “This is a No Soliciting Neighborhood” would be appropriate.
What Yard Signs are permitted?
The only yard signs permitted are House for Sale signs, political candidate signs, and small congratulatory signs, such as graduation. Permissible signs must be less that 6 square feet in size, and must be removed promptly after an event. Contractor signs or advertising signs are NOT permitted.
May I hold a Garage Sale?
You may occasionally advertise and host your own garage sale. Remember that the City of Brentwood and the Princeton Hills HOA prohibit homes from commercial or retail use, so make sure garage sales are not your regular business.
You are warned not to place advertising signs at the entrances until early on weekend mornings. If signs are placed in the easements along public roads on weekdays, the city workers will remove them. They can be retrieved during business hours M-F at Public Works.
If you place advertising on a neighbor's property, ask first. In your newspaper ad or social media advertising, ask that cars be parked on just one side of the street.
The Princeton Hills HOA advertises and sanctions the Annual Neighborhood Garage Sale on the first Saturday in May.
How do I pay my Homeowners' Association dues?
As of January 2019, the homeowners' association dues are $379 per quarter. Payments can be made by check or automatic withdrawal. Contact the manager to make payment arrangements.
Kimberly Maheu, Community Association Manager
Sentry Management, Inc.
216 Centerview Drive, #100
Brentwood TN 37027
|615-269-7016 ext 51606